Racing You Need Us

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Racing You Need Us

A Forum For Fantasy Racers

2 posters

When do you drop a hot driver?

nascargeek
    nascargeek

When do you drop a hot driver? Empty When do you drop a hot driver?

Post by nascargeek Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:27 am

When to drop Brad Keselowski from my fantasy line-up is a hard decision. Maybe I over think it and am too pessimistic that the fall will be bigger then it actually turns out to be.

For instance, starting back with Infineon's 10th he followed it with 15th, 7th and then 35th. Then went on his current tear of 9th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 6th and 12th. Is that fall to a 35th place coming? Or, if he does have a not so good race it may still only be 20th?

Of course you have to be a fortune teller to really know. But, what is best?

Trying to predict that this is the week...and pull out...and risk missing another good finish?

Or, riding it out with him and take the bad finish along with him?

Never been a poker player but I'm sure there is some kind of strategy they employ when they get hot hand after hot hand.

Ryan
    Ryan
    Admin

When do you drop a hot driver? Empty Re: When do you drop a hot driver?

Post by Ryan Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:41 am

My strategy with Keselowski is to ride it out with him until he isn't anymore (or dodge him at tracks where he practices poorly, sat him at Richmond). In Yahoo! I have 5 more starts with him so I'll stay committed. His most shocking race in this time stretch was his 2nd at Watkins Glen.
    nascargeek
    nascargeek

Post by nascargeek Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Arrgg! It looked like the Keselowski wave had come to an end. But he pulled out another great finish. Interesting running position graph here on Keselowski, Stewart and Harvick.
    Ryan
    Ryan
    Admin

Post by Ryan Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Can't really count out Keselowski this week either. He was in the top five earlier this year for the first 40 laps before he had a flat tire. Last fall he won his first pole here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:57 am