Racing You Need Us

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Racing You Need Us

A Forum For Fantasy Racers

3 posters

Bowyer signs with Michael Waltrip Racing

FanNASCARPredic
    FanNASCARPredic

Bowyer signs with Michael Waltrip Racing Empty Bowyer signs with Michael Waltrip Racing

Post by FanNASCARPredic Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:42 pm

Rumors flying around Twitter than Clint Bowyer will head over to Michael Waltrip Racing next year. I read that 5-Hour Energy will be the sponsor and the car number has yet to be determined.

Gotta wonder...will MWR drop Truex or Reutimnann? And will Austin Dillon be bumped up to Cup and drive the #3?

None of this is official yet.
    Ryan
    Ryan
    Admin

Bowyer signs with Michael Waltrip Racing Empty Re: Bowyer signs with Michael Waltrip Racing

Post by Ryan Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:58 am

This will be the worst mistake since Bobby Labonte left JGR and found a wonderful opportunity at Hall of Fame Racing. I wonder where they are now? If I were him I would've dropped the helicopter and miniature pony talk and stayed in the 33 car. Now MWR will have to buy points for him or else he'll be in the go or go home situation again.
    nascargeek
    nascargeek

Bowyer signs with Michael Waltrip Racing Empty Re: Bowyer signs with Michael Waltrip Racing

Post by nascargeek Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:15 pm

I thought that RPM would be a better place to go than MWR. Interesting to see what happens and if he lasts the full year at RCR.
    nascargeek
    nascargeek

Post by nascargeek Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:30 pm

nascargeek wrote:I thought that RPM would be a better place to go than MWR.

I don't read enough obviously...I see now that RPM pulled their offer off the table a couple days ago.
    Ryan
    Ryan
    Admin

Post by Ryan Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:51 pm

I just don't see this working out good for Bowyer. He's crazy to do this unless they offered him two helicopters and a pack of ponies.

RCR is just one tier off being the best equipment in the series and MWR equipment is mediocre at best. You also have to note Ambrose left MWR (he basically drove there)for greener pastures at RPM.
    Ryan
    Ryan
    Admin

Post by Ryan Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:16 am

Michael Waltrip has now confirmed that talks have taken place. The deal could be getting pretty close.

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20110915f

One thing that's so strange about this is that it's so late in the year. Kahne signed with Hendrick last year and with 10 races to go Bowyer still doesn't have a ride for 2012.
    Ryan
    Ryan
    Admin

Post by Ryan Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:10 pm

On Twitter Jenna Fryer (Lady who has notes that get torn up) said she heard an announcement of the signing could come Wednesday morning.

http://twitter.com/#!/JennaFryer/status/115499572603793408

Last edited by Ryan on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    nascargeek
    nascargeek

Post by nascargeek Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:12 am

I've always liked Bowyer...but never designated him as my favorite. Haven't done that with any driver in the current line-up. From a fan standpoint I think I will find myself cheering ever more for Clint over at MWR. He fits in with the personalities of Reutimann and Truex.

I'm wondering what comes out in the off-season about this move. I've heard some media types saying there has to be more to this whole story than we are being told right now.
    Ryan
    Ryan
    Admin

Post by Ryan Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:14 pm

I'm surprised nothing happened this week in regards to Bowyers situation. I almost think he has to stay at RCR at this point which means no helicopter or ponies for him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:06 am